You can’t go wrong with wood as your building material
Our Process When Creating Your Wood Deck
- After contacting our office typically set up a time to meet and discuss your project at the project location.
- During our appointment we discuss your options as far as the materials to be used, as well as budget and design considerations.
- A proposal is prepared which includes pricing and estimated start and end dates. Typically, we will also prepare digital renderings at this stage.
- If and when you decide to move forward with the project, we ask that you sign the proposal and email or mail it to us along with any retainer deposit listed in your payment schedule section of your invoice.
- At this point, we will add your project to our schedule! Note that all dates are subject to change if approvals from zoning or building departments are delayed or weather delays the project. Any delays in the start date will be communicated to you if they arise.
- When applicable, plans will be drawn up using a computer program for homeowner to see the construction details prior to submitting plans to the building department. As the homeowner, you are responsible for homeowner’s association approval.
- If applicable all permits and approvals through the zoning and building department will be completed by us, unless otherwise stated in the original proposal.
- The project begins! Homeowners are urged to keep back doors locked at all times during the building process to ensure safety of children and pets in the home while the work is being undertaken.
- During the building phase you are encouraged to ask questions or address any concerns as they may arise regarding the project progressed. The crew foreman or project managers are more than happy to assist with these.
- Upon completion of the project there will be a final walk through completed with you and an employee of Chicago Deck Builders to ensure that you review and sign off on the completed work. At this time all remaining balances will need be collected. You may give the project Foreman a check or request that we send you and online Invoice so you can pay online for your convenience.